Monday, October 4, 2010

Master Cleanse 2010 - Day Four

Today was a much better day. I'm glad I made it this far because each time I've fasted I've had people tell me, "I could never do that", or I'll support you while I make an sandwich, lol". I'm not saying that I do not find it to be a challenge but I can tell you for me and my own personal metabolism, this works. I've also heard from others who have similar stories.

The main point is that a cleanse or a fast is a highly personal experience. There are buttons inside you that others may not know about that only a fast can expose. That is why many people who are at a change point in their life, who seek direction for their 'next' have found a fast or a cleanse to be a great way to clear the mind from the task of daily foraging for food to concentrate on their inner self and the quiet voice of God within.

My favorite Bible passage is Isaiah 43 and it is one that I have claimed as my own. I place my own name in it where others are mentioned. So for me it starts like this:

Isaiah 43

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Dede,
he who formed you,Dede:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; Dede, you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters, Dede,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

from the Bible Gateway

I like to meditate on a God who is with me through the task of living a purpose-filled life. I thank God for another day and I will now breathe and be thankful that I made it through another day. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.

Peace and blessings.

No comments: