Saturday, October 9, 2010

Master Cleanse 2010 - Day Eight and Nine




Wow, Friday and Saturday just flew by and tomorrow Sunday will be my last day. Physically, my body has settled into the fast and I could go for another four days and do and complete a two week fast instead of ten days. But psychologically, I think I'm ready to end things tomorrow night and to move on to another detox (which includes food) to end out my second week. I'm going to do the detoxification plan recommended by Dr. Alejandro Junger. He is not a fan of the Master Cleanse because he says that it does not support the cleansing of the liver. He believes that you can detox easily and effectively while you continue to eat as long as you are cutting out the foods and other substances that interfere with the detoxification process. Make sure you check with your doctor before you start any detox. Also be sure to drink A LOT of water.

This menu plan for a seven-day elimination diet comes from the GOOP.COM website that I mentioned in the last blog. The posting includes instructions, menus and recipes for juices, smoothies and meals that will continue the detox process. I think it will be a good way to ease back in to eating solid foods again without stomach upset.

Dr. Junger's book about his cleanse comes out in paperback on December 28, 2010. It is called, CLEAN and it is another source for those of you seeking to do and cleanse, make a clean break from old habits and embrace a new way of living. I'm on my way to optimal health. I plan to explore other things too and increase in knowledge. We have such power as human beings and anything that we focus on and pay a lot of attention to will show increase in our lives.

Tomorrow will be my last blog about the Master Cleanse fast and I won't be posting every day after that. But it will represent only the beginning of my journey to optimal health. And everything that I try and vet that works, I will share with you.

Peace and Blessings...

No comments: