Friday, March 14, 2008

Thank God It's Friday...

Well here it is Friday and I'm getting through Day 5. Yesterday was tough because I wanted to eat - not because I was hungry but because I was bored. And watching 2 Throwdowns with Bobby Flay on the Food Network was probably not a good idea. But the jerk rib eye steak challenge and the barbecue rib challenge were difficult to resist - both are foods that I would like to take up a notch in my cooking. I ended up going to bed at 10 pm which is early for me but I knew that if I stayed up later I might not resist temptation. So I went to sleep and another day was done.

Note to self - might be a good time to stop Tivoing the Food Network...

Today I added some lime zest to my drink. Only do that if you are using the organic lemons and limes like Dr. Burroughs insists on in his book. Otherwise you could be zesting chemicals and pesticides into your system. It tasted great and was a real treat to drink.

I still don't like going to the grocery store to buy more lemons, water and maple syrup. The grocery stores these days have sandwiches, fried chicken, potato wedges, pizza and more to tempt shoppers, and tho I am not hungry per se I am still aware of the smells, even more so now that my system is starting to be cleansed and my senses are heightened.

I have lost a couple of lbs to date but I am not focusing on that. My muscles feel good and my clothes aren't tight, I have more energy and work is easy. I'm also meditating on my personal self improvement, getting rid of things that keep me from functioning at my peak.

And by the way, the husband is doing great this week on the Cleanse. I don't think he'd want me to describe it for posterity's sake so I will leave him out of this.
But I will post pictures when we are done.

No comments: