Sunday, March 16, 2008

Master Cleanser Day 7 Evaluation

It is Sunday evening and I've have been fasting now for seven days. This is my third time doing the Master Cleanse and it has been a good learning experience. I am not experiencing alot of hunger as long as I continue to drink my lemonade at regular intervals. But cooking is an activity that soothes me and relaxes me so I have really missed the act of cooking for myself and others. I don't even necessarily want to eat what I cook, but I do love the sights, the sounds and the smells of food. I have found though that I do not want to be around people who are eating for long periods of time - nor do I want to smell the cooked food of others. There is an internal message in there somewhere that I need to tap into but I don't know what it is yet.

I am glad that I will start week two tomorrow and I don't know what the day will hold. My husband has said that he could do three weeks but next weekend is a large celebration for us as it is Resurrection Sunday for our faith. Part of the celebration normally included food, with different varieties and types. Can we celebrate our God quietly with meditation and introspection instead? I know that most of my friends are not even trying to answer that question on that day. But this is a good time to hear that inner voice and I will be listening, as we go forward with week two. Thanks for sticking with me...

No comments: