Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Master Cleanse - Day 11

Wow, I am amazed and thankful that I made it to this day. Especially since I am now in the process of cooking an amazing curried chicken dinner to take to a friend. (Yes, I am sipping lemonade and filling my kitchen with the great smells of onion, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, curry powder, nutmeg, soya sauce and more.) Yes, the scents are enough to drive one crazy. But I'm doing it to give to a really good person so it is worth it.

I've lost 10 lbs during this fast but I gained a new peace and calm that I did not have before and I also have gained a new confidence in myself and in my own self control. It is nice to reaffirm that nothing controls me but my love for my God and my family. For me personally, that is a good thing to know inside my spirit.



Ok, it is 1:45 pm and I have just finished the first part of my meal. I grilled the chicken on my stove top but it released so much fat onto the grill that they almost had a fried texture instead of a grilled one but the skin was crisp and brown and they smelled great. I chopped up 4 Roma tomatoes, one small onion and a half cup of mushrooms and I sauted them with garlic. Then I added 1/2 a can of Campbell's Mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of sour cream and a cup of soy milk (I'm trying to use things in the fridge that will definitely go bad before I finish this fast). I added a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, a sprig of thyme and a teaspoon of the masala curry powder. This is a Trinidadian curry not an Indian curry so it is a different spice mix than you might be used to. But the creamy spicy mixture was poured all over the chicken and then I covered it all and placed it in the oven to meld the tastes together. My dog is wondering where his portion is. Wait til he hears that it is all leaving the house...



I'm looking at the cupboards to see what else I should cook now that I have the chance to get this food out of the house. I have some red and white potatoes left so I think I will chop them into rustic chunks and let them marinate in a lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, smoked salt, chopped cilantro and fresh thyme vinaigrette for an hour and then I'll roast them in the oven when I take the chicken out. That will get rid of them all in a tasty manner. Then I'll sit down with another glass of my delicious Lemonade...



The potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. At least that is how they look - I can't taste even one. I did put a little of the marinade on my tongue to make sure the seasoning was good and it was. I added some Basmati Rice (cooked with the other half of the can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and some Red Kidney Beans, with steamed mixed vegetables with Lemon Butter as the last side.



I've packed it all up and it is ready to go. Now I'm going to have another glass of my lemonade. That is it for today. I feel good but I do wish I was tearing into one serving of this dinner, lol...

No comments: