Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cooking for Others, Lemonade for Me...

Today will be an interesting day because I am doing what I would not recommend ANYONE do while doing the Master Cleanser plan - I am hosting a dance rehearsal (with dinner served) at my house while only on Day Two of the Master Cleanser plan. And what a dinner I am serving! I got the recipe from the Food Network website and it is for Grilled Meat and Vegetables over Saffron Orzo (but I am substituting saffron rice). The marinade alone, a mixture of EVOO, lemon juice, 5 cloves of garlic, smoked sea salt, black and red pepper would normally be enough to send me off the deep end, but by the time you combine it with the roasted corn, crimini mushrooms, grilled red,yellow and green peppers and the grilled shrimp over the rice - well you get the idea, not really something you would want to do on the second day of your fast.

So why then am I doing it? Well that is a long story but I really did want to bless the other women involved with our dance ministry and I truly believe that mentally I'm in a space where I can do this because I am not trying to lose weight right now, I am trying to get more in tune with me, mentally, physically and spiritually. And part of that journey for me involves serving others and self sacrifice. So my meat is marinating and I about about to start chopping vegetables and get the barbecue ready.

I believe that good things will happen today but I will keep you posted. this is one for the record books.

No comments: