Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Martha's Vineyard Detox Diet Day 2

I woke up this morning feeling like a train hit me, my head was pounding and I needed some help. I asked my husband for acetaminophen tablets and lay down. He brought me a glass of filtered water, some Burdock Root tea and a Apple Berry smoothie (which can I say was delicious). I felt better in about an hour and the rest of the day went by smoothly. I was better able to plan and prepare and kept to the schedule so that every 1-2 hours we were drinking some liquid, whether it was filtered water, hot tea, a green smoothie or a vegetable broth. For dinner we had a pureed soup made with broccoli, spinach, zucchini, carrots, white onion, basil, garlic,thyme, and cumin. David added a dollop of plain low fat Greek yogurt to his. I added a teaspoon of homemade pepper sauce to mine, (I love my hot foods)!

We went shopping at Whole Foods for more produce and water and while there I had a shot of wheat-grass juice at their juice bar. When I first drank wheat-grass juice I thought it tasted horrible but today's shot tasted like sweet green peas. The aftertaste was very 'grassy', however, I am determined to do this the proper way, and the great tasting food I used to love gave me the body I currently inhabit. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired so I will learn to love wheat-grass and a vegetarian lifestyle if my body tells me that is what it likes to maintain a healthy weight and clean organs.

All in all, a better day. I drank my ASEA and took my other supplements at the proper times. The ASEA still tastes (and smells) almost like chlorinated water and is still unpleasant. My cousin told me that when your body is toxic the ASEA will taste bad but when you become clean it will taste much better. I can't wait for that day, :-).

I am finally reading the book, "Peace from Broken Pieces" by Iyanla VanZant. It is nice to have quiet time to meditate and to read. I am reading this book slowly and savoring the prose. I recognize that people who do battle weight have to do self inventory sometimes to see what we are really eating. I am enjoying this part of the journey too.

Peace and Blessings,

dede

Please note that I am not a doctor and this record of my detox cleanse is not an endorsement of any detox diet or product. This is something that I believe is right for me and the results will tell the tale. My goal here is only to report my experience.

No comments: