Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where Did the Time Go?



It is hard to believe that it is already March 2, 2011. What a difference a day makes. I started the year with a mantra of change and change has indeed come. I know better so I am doing better. And I am honest enough to jack myself up when I am not being true to myself.

I have lost 21 lbs since January 5, 2011. I don't see a change in my body but I do realize that it has changed. I'm fitting into smaller clothes that were too tight 60 days ago. I can tell that I am not comfortable with this change because I am still not writing down my food logs (even though I know that is one of the best ways to make lifestyle changes and locate and isolate bad habits.) I am starting to like my daily walks now. Walking allows me the chance to clear my mind and meditate on the blessings of the day. It is such a blessing just to be able to walk and to have a safe, beautiful place to go and exercise every day. I'm able to do a 19 min mile now and I do at least three miles a day.

I think it is safe to say that using the Body Media Fit Armband and taking the ASEA redox signaling molecules every day have made a difference. The armband lets me know when I've exercised enough and even tracks my sleep. The redox signaling molecules seem to help me breathe through my workouts and recover from the muscle fatigue after the workout. I have not talked to my doctors about these changes but I will do that next month when I have my physical.

I hope that you see by now that you can make your own change if you want to and it does not have to take years to make it happen. I want to thank the family and friends that sent the encouraging words these past two months. I'm going to keep on going with this journey to see what the end will be. I'll keep you posted as I pass future milestones but I won't bore you with the day to day minutiae of the change process. Hard work pays off. I get the equation now. It is hard to believe that 2 1/2 months ago I heard someone talk about the Martha's Vineyard Detox Diet at a Gospel Concert and heard an inner voice say "You need to check that out". I listened and I feel so much healthier as a result.

My prayer for you in the month of March is that you listen to the still small voice that articulates the desires of your heart. Don't wait until you feel better, sometimes change hurts. Keep me in your prayers, I'll be doing the 5K Glendale Downtown Dash on Sunday March 14, 2011 to benefit Glendale Adventist Hospital's Stroke Services Center. This will be my first race since I had to stop training for the Half-Marathon in 2009. I'm slowly making my way back. To God Be the Glory.

Peace and blessings,

dede

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I am so happy to see you achieve
your desired results - I'm cheering for you!

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hello cuz, I am so happy for you and your achievement in your exercise and diet program. Hard work always pays off.

You look like you have lost a buch of weight in your recent picture on Facebook. Did the Martha Vineyard detox diet work or is it a combination of stuff?

I have been swimming a lot and gaining weight instead of losing but I know it is what I put in my mouth after swimming LOL! I find that since I do not go out as much as I used to it is very difficult to take the weight off and keep it off. I did loose a bunch when I seriously fasted until a certain time of the day and kept it off for a while. I am shooting for a size 12. I know this post was in March. How much did you loose so far? I find that drinking lots of water and liquids really help me a lot. I pray that you meet your goal. Please keep me updated and I will keep you updated and this way we can encourage each other.

Lots of love
Marcia