Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Truth vs. Facts





I like to remind myself about the difference between the truth and the facts so I don't get it twisted in my own life. The truth is I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are God's creative works; and that my soul knoweth right well. The fact is that some days I feel so clumsy and fat - I am not where I need to be to fulfill God's purpose in me but I am on my way.


The truth is that I have family and friends who love me and care about me. Anytime I need help it is just a phone call away. The fact is that some days I feel so alone that I question why I am still breathing. Both realities can live inside the same body.

The truth is that people can witness the same events (or grow up in the same house) and still come away from the experience with different interpretations of what actually occurred. The fact is that your personal interpretation of those events will ultimately shape your life and determine your success or failure.

The truth is that people who love you can hurt you and cut you deeply. The fact is that the pain comes from the wound with no regard as to the motive of the individual inflicting the pain. So whether they tried to help you or hurt you, the pain is still the same.

The truth is that God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. The fact is that whenever people or events come into my life and all I can feel is confused about why they are there, I know that the people and/or the event did not come from God.

Life can be very challenging when we do not know the difference between the truth and the facts. Facts are subject to change but truth is consistent and unchanging. Always hang on to the truth and don't be swayed by facts.

Do you have a truth that you know and live by? Let's discuss it in the comments...

1 comment:

Destiny said...

Hey Cuz, as uasual I enjoy reading your blogs. I am so proud of you and your honesty to be transparent, not many people are that way today.
I agree with you when you said that childhood experiences can determine our success or failure. The TRUTH is that God created me on purpose , with purpose . However FACT is I struggle with the past experiences and letting them go to move on to what He has called me to be. I have found myself questioning where is God in all of this trials and problems. TRUTH is God is for me and not against me...He is in the midst of my problems, going through with me. Fact; I am just not feeling Him these days.
My children are all grown and don't need me like they did and that can really play on the mind too. They are all living their lives and I know it's time for me to do the same, however don't know where to start.
The TRUTH; is I love the ASEA. I see the tremendous differences it is making in my life and others lives. I know there is so more I am called to do and I am just not motivated to do what I know I should be doing, that includes exercising. Well I thank you again for your transparency . TRUTH; It's time for people to get real with themselves and sometimes others to let the healing process start. That's what I'm getting from reading your blogs.
Today is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I choose to start to do something about my life in all areas spiritully, physically, psychologically and financially.
I love You and today I declare continual success, prosperity, health,vision,direction,ingenuity, creativity, spirituality, holiness, righteousness, peace, and resourcefulness from God's Spirit into yours.in Jesus Name.