Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back to Business

Okay, it has been too long since I last wrote but I have been really busy. David changed jobs and started working in Glendale CA (a suburb of Los Angeles), and after one week of commuting two hours from Bakersfield, he knew that he would not be doing it for long.



So in the span of two months we made the decision to rent out our home in Bakersfield and to move to Glendale so he could be closer to work. So we staged the Bakersfield home, and within two weeks we found a family to rent the house.






I am thankful because some people have found it difficult to find good tenants in this economy but we have been blessed.

So now we are in Glendale. David is working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center and we are living in a house that is just behind the hospital and a Seventh Day Adventist Church. The neighborhood is tree lined (it looks like there is an orange tree and a lime tree in our backyard - which is funny because I always wanted to plant a lime tree at our Bakersfield home). We are secluded off the main street with a tree lined pathway to the house. The house is older but we are enjoying the neighborhood - lots of nice restaurants, shopping centers and close to everything. Here are some pictures of our new home. And the Whole Foods Store that is close to home...











Most importantly it is good to be closer to the production world here in LA. I'd still like to have a full time editing job so I believe that will be easier to do here in Los Angeles. The house here is close to downtown and after I get the boxes unpacked I will go and see what is out there. I do believe that the best is yet to come.
So, after staying her for a year, (the house we are in belongs to the hospital and they have offered to let us stay here for a year to get a feel for the area in order to find our new home.) It is a great opportunity because we are getting to see all of the suburbs and downtown areas and I can make a better informed choice about where to buy.

I miss my family and friends back home but I feel a new excitement about the move. It is funny because the economy is in a recession, the unemployment rate is up and the markets are wildly fluctuating but I feel like things are getting better every day. Maybe change really has come to America. But I know God still is in charge of my life and I choose to trust in his will. I will say good bye for now and try to do better about keeping you informed about what is going on with us. David, Chachi, and I are doing fine.

No comments: