Friday, November 17, 2006

The Thanksgiving weekend begins

The holidays have come so quickly this year, in fact the whole year has whipped on by. Moving from Washington DC to Bakersfield CA has been an Alice in Wonderland adventure. To go from working constantly and 16 hour days to the slower pace of a stay at home homemaker is a real mindblower.
I'm getting used to the fact that I now have a new world to explore and a new direction to seek. First the selfish phase kicked in where I just slept, ate , swam in the pool, exercised and thought about doing good for me. That officially lasted 3 months and now I'm anxious to get back to work.
So I'm launching this blog to force myself to write every day or at least every week. I will include some general family updates, fun facts and my take on the everyday. So welcome to The Blunt Instrument. I'm hoping it evolves into a conversation and a dialogue between friends.

salut,
d.

No comments: